DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, OUR NON-COMPETITIVE SURF CLUB IS ON HOLD FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Our non-competitive surf club is open to middle school and high school students who love to surf but may not be ready for or interested in competitive surfing. Depending on conditions, the club will typically meet for a free surf 1-2 days per week at a local Half Moon Bay surf spot.
The club is all about surfers of various levels getting together to share their love of the sport in a non-competitive environment. While surfing tips and suggestions may be offered from more experienced surfers, it is important to note that these club sessions are not surf lessons.
For the purposes of safety, the requirements of all club surfers are as follows:
- Beginner Surfers and/or Recreational Surfers that are not interested in competing that have successfully completed a Junior Lifeguard program and/or reputable surf camp
- Must have a good understanding of rip currents and other dynamic conditions of entering and exiting the ocean
- Parent or legal guardian must be present at all practices
- Parent or legal guardian will make final decision if it is safe for their child to enter the water (at times, parent or guardian may be required to assist beginning surfer in the water)
- Must be registered in High School or Middle School (including home school or any local high school or middle school that does not have its own surf club)